Search the forum,

Discuss crossbonding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

norman54

Can anybody clarify the regs relating to crossbonding. Just had new Vailant Ecotec Pro24 boiler fitted and getting conflicting info re crossbonding. Seems to depend on type of consumer unit?

RCD protection for all circuits, both main equipotential bonding conductors have to be present at the gas and water services within 600mm of the gas meter or stopcock before any branch pipework or where practicably possible(10mm green and yellow cable) and a resistance reading of no more than 1667 ohms between pipework, and circuit protective conductors. If all three of these conditions are met supplementary cross bonding can be omitted. Sure others will add some more info

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that but still abit confused.
If the consumer board is the old type i.e. fuses rather than RCDs, and as long as the original main bonding is in place, does the new boiler still require crossbonding? I have been told that because of the way new modern boiler are made that CB is not necessary, especially if any plastic fittings/pipes have been used in the installation.

if its a new boiler then it has to have it,if its and older instalation then its ncs and you advised the customer that it needs doing and they should get and electirian in to do it if your not part p that my understanding of it

agree with above, if the address is wired to 17th edition and all equipotential bonding correct then no suplementary bonding is required at the boiler. if in dobt do it anyway.

true but in the 17th regs it also states that if manufacturer says to cross bond then cross bond it is cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to crossbonding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock