Search the forum,

Discuss Connection to Boss Pipe Leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, hoping you can help me.

I have a leak where the bath waste pipe connects to the boss pipe. Not sure if its a push fit or pipe weld type. In the pic, it's the lower of the 2 pipes coming from the left. What's the best solution for this please? I'd best tell you that I'm not particularly good at DIY, but am a tryer.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    522.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Is there a fitting in there or is it just pushed in ?

You should be able to see if there’s a fitting in there etc

Should be a rubber bung as it’s pushfit pipe you can’t solvent weld but I’m not saying someone just hasn’t siliconed the pipe in there etc

Pipes at wrong angle putting stress on bottom of rubber oring. This has caused it to deteriorate and leak.

You’ll likely be able to pull it all apart.

I’d shorten the closest vertical pipe by around 10mm.

Then replace the oring.

Reply to Connection to Boss Pipe Leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have a leak in landing from upstairs bathroom. This only happens when sink taps are on, not shower or toilet . Think it is a boss connection between sink waste to soil pipe. And think this is happening in corner where toilet is and that is where sink and soil pipe connect Just want...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock