Search the forum,

Discuss Connection to Boss Pipe Leaking in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, hoping you can help me.

I have a leak where the bath waste pipe connects to the boss pipe. Not sure if its a push fit or pipe weld type. In the pic, it's the lower of the 2 pipes coming from the left. What's the best solution for this please? I'd best tell you that I'm not particularly good at DIY, but am a tryer.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    522.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Is there a fitting in there or is it just pushed in ?

You should be able to see if there’s a fitting in there etc

Should be a rubber bung as it’s pushfit pipe you can’t solvent weld but I’m not saying someone just hasn’t siliconed the pipe in there etc

Pipes at wrong angle putting stress on bottom of rubber oring. This has caused it to deteriorate and leak.

You’ll likely be able to pull it all apart.

I’d shorten the closest vertical pipe by around 10mm.

Then replace the oring.

Thanks, that sounds doable for me. Wouldn't I need to know the make of the pipes to get a replacement o ring?

Last edited:
If you're unsure if your pipes are push fit or pipe weld, it might be best to have a licensed plumber assess the issue. That way, you can ensure a proper and safe solution to the leak.

Reply to Connection to Boss Pipe Leaking in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock