Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Changing Hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bungleberg

Hi there

I had a loft conversion about 10 years ago. The builders removed my header tank from the loft and put a red pressure vessel in the airing cupboard whish I understand means that the heating circuit is no pressurised and sealed.

I need to change my hot water cylinder which is 1050mm x 450 indirect tank. I have been told by a plunber that I need to have a stainless steel (megaflow type system).

My question is do I ??

The system worked quite nicely the only reason I need a new tank is because, about two years ago a plumber changed my essex flange which feeds the shower, he ended up perforating the tank because his grip were sliding on the tank. In the end I repaired the tank with cold steel but now it is starting to weep again and there is abuild up od limescale around the flange.

I hope this all makes sense.

Regards

Richard

Well you do notsound as if you have to have a unvented cylinder, maybe just a recommendationfrom your plumber
The expansion vessel in the cylinder cupboard did away with your ned for a header tank as regards the heating system,you will still have a storage tank to feed the cylinderM
aybe tank in roof in poor condition or poor access and plumber thinking cost wise mayas well up grade to unvented cylinder, do make sure the main size is ok cominginto the building for a unvented cylinder installation, which I am sure yourplumber has mentioned

imho

strange i got a quote today and there was £40 diffence but the price of copper has come down recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing Hot water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock