Discuss Cant post this in the courses forum would like feedback in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MickyB

Iv`e been unempolyed for a few years and iv`e recently attened and passed a course at a training academy.
The course is decribed as an "Intensive Domestic Plumbing Course".
The course was only two weeks long.
We basically learn`t to plumb in bathroom suites.
We covered the following:-
Health and safety.
Copper bending (machine and spring).
Learn`t to solder pipes and fittings.
right angles bends, double sets and double double sets...
different fittings compression end feed etc
Waste piping
Planning.
Plumbing layouts and the basics of direct and indirect systems.
Now i know i cant do gas and pass it off but am told i can do any water and waste .
And if i do gas it has to be passed off.
So my question is where to go from here???
According to the course tutor he has past pupils that are now working as plumbers...
Plumbing being a vast subject as it is, do i know enough ...??
Everyone has to start somewhere right!!!!
Your comments would be interesting

Just found this link very similar to the course i done without the estimating and we covered heating systems at their most basic........ie layouts and how the parts work
www.tradeteacher

Last edited by a moderator:
The best advice I could give is for you to try and get a job as a plumbers mate as I don't know how old you are if young try for an apprentice you might have to do this for free
You need a couple of years experiance with a good plumber

Your qualification is very very basic it goes like this
Level 1
Level 2
Nvq2
Nvq3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cant post this in the courses forum would like feedback in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
Emailed a company very local to me regarding their course and fast track and end off qualifications etc. For those interested in opinions, here's...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
D
Hi, At Construction Skills College we offer an introduction to plumbing course that is aimed at people with little or no experience at all. We...
Replies
Views
davecsc
D
Hello My name is Brendon Vince-Sheridan. I have recently finished my C&G level 2 6129 technical certificate, however I still have 4 exams to do...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock