Search the forum,

Discuss Campervan water system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 129220

I'm plumbing my campervan and made the following schematic to show the different modes it can operate. Although I'm an experienced DIYer, I've never tackled a plumbing job this complicated and I'd appreciate any advice.

campervan.jpg

Normal operation using Tank 1 – B, F open
Normal operation using Tank 2 – C, F open
Filling Tank 1 from a water source – A, E open
Filling Tank 2 from a water source – A, D open
Heating Tank 1 by recycling water through heater – B, F, G open
Emptying all tanks – B, C, F, H open

All valves closed unless specified as open

Additional details: Vents, etc... are not included in the diagram. Tanks 1 & 2 are each 100L fresh water tanks located within the van, and the gray water tank is another 100L tank mounted below the van. The heater is a Truma Diesel heater which heats air in the van, but it also heats a 10L water tank within it. Water sources to fill campers typically are pressurized so there's no need to use a pump to fill them. However, I want to be able to draw water from sources like streams as well. By the way, I don't plan to drink any of this water -- it's just for washing and showering -- but instead plan on bottled water for drinking.

Reply to Campervan water system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to turn off 1, 2 & 3. However as you can see I can't turn anything off between the valve and the hot water tank. If I use a bung in the header tank, will...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock