Discuss Building site work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just wondering if anyone knew where i can find some building site work as a sub contract plumber.
any info appreciated

Hi just wondering if anyone knew where i can find some building site work as a sub contract plumber.
any info appreciated

Why would you want to? Builders are a pain in the bum to work for.

Last edited by a moderator:
what problems do you get rob ?

How long have you got?

They always ring up at 7.30 in the morning and expect you on site by 8.00 the same day.
Move things like pipes or walls after everything is fitted and pressure tested then act dumb when asked "who moved that?"
Drill thru pipes even when they are marked, even been knowen to drill thru pipes when you can see them.
Haggle with the price, even when on buget and on time.
Add loads that are not on the estimate then wonder why the bill is more.
Moan about paying VAT.
Want to pay cash.
Don't pay for months
Don't pay.
Don't listen when asked to do something so you can carry on.
Break your drill bit then act dunb.
Smell.
Nick all the choci bic.
Never get any milk.

Perhaps site work means labour only, first and second fix say 400 houses. It the type of work that allow plumbers a life and big money if you are quick.

How long have you got?

They always ring up at 7.30 in the morning and expect you on site by 8.00 the same day.
Move things like pipes or walls after everything is fitted and pressure tested then act dumb when asked "who moved that?"
Drill thru pipes even when they are marked, even been knowen to drill thru pipes when you can see them.
Haggle with the price, even when on buget and on time.
Add loads that are not on the estimate then wonder why the bill is more.
Moan about paying VAT.
Want to pay cash.
Don't pay for months
Don't pay.
Don't listen when asked to do something so you can carry on.
Break your drill bit then act dunb.
Smell.
Nick all the choci bic.
Never get any milk.

have them problems with some customers

once had a first fix done it, 9 months later went back for second fix, the pipes coming out of wall for bar shower were now tiled over one sticking up at 45 degree anlge the other one pointing down, told the customer the tiler needed to make sure they stayed level (i had installed them level 9 months ago) he then argued it wasnt level to start with 9 months prior - i know how important it is to make them level explained this, he said just sort it out (i had already second fixed the bathroom the shower and rads was all there was left to do.)

so told him to get me another tile and i would sort it out remove the tile and level out the one that was pointing up at 45deg - havent got any.... thought to myself this is getting awkward now - fitted the bar as best i could, was slightly out of level, explained if he could get another tile i would come back and sort it.... big mistake held back the money from rest of bathroom and abusive texts how i couldnt fit a shower level. 400 out of pocket for bathroom over a tiler fkn up my work.

lesson learnt - check the work and dont start until everything is spot on.. or dont go back to second fix 9 months later as there have obviously been funding problems.

Gutting q-plumb, you can gaurantee if any other person is involved in your job that you don't know yourself then that job will go wrong.

For this reason (and a few more!) I do all my own tiling, plastering and joinery. I'm not having some brainless morron who couldn't scratch his own backside if his life depended on it mess up my job and payment. :mad:

:)

The old saying "If you want something done right you have to do it yourself"

Basicaly means

"if you want something done your way then you have to do it yourself"

i think the thing is now adays to take photos if walking away for so long because alot of these new so called tradesmen nowadays dont give a ****

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the thing is now adays to take photos if walking away for so long because alot of these new so called tradesmen nowadays dont give a ****

a very good idea, as well as getting paperwork signed by someone in charge at the first fix, will still be problems but might minimise them if you have a first fix completion sheet signed AND some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Building site work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock