Search the forum,

Discuss Brit Gas £400 trade it deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

British Gas are really pushing this £400 trade in deal. But the deal is for Bosch, Valliant and Glow-worm boilers.

I've just posted a message about my Halstead Best 60 boiler that I installed over 20 years ago, which is still working and has not missed a beat for hot water and heating, everyday since installing it. How many boilers can boast that kind of reliability? Not many I'm guessing. Simplicity at its best.

But I also imagine it's not very efficient compared to todays boilers, so maybe there is a case to be made to update (as opposed to upgrade). After all, it's unlikely to last another 20, even the cast jacket will pinhole in that kind of timescale, most likely.

What is the general consensus on the forum regarding the BG deal? Are BG keeping it all in house, or are they using local plumbers? I don't believe the £400 deal, that's just catchy monkey nonsense.

Are there better boilers out there that UK plumbers would recommend, and therefore fit in preference?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brit Gas £400 trade it deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
It's three years since I posted in these forums. (Then I was agonising how best to clean out 40-year-old pipework prior to having a new boiler fitted - all went well, with an excellent father & son removing the rads, hosing out a great deal of sludge, then refitting with thermostatic valves)...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Over the years I've seen the growth of combination boilers and how they have overtaken system and heat only. While combination boilers have their uses, its becoming increasing frustrating why so many plumbers choose this option. Heat only is by far the cheapest and effective way to heat a home...
Replies
Views
We're hoping to have a loft conversion done soon, in what is currently a three bed mid-terraced house - we are adding a new bedroom in the loft with en-suite shower and toilet. Currently we have a traditional heating system with boiler in the kitchen, fed by gas pipes under the house, hot water...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, It looks like the pump of my gas boiler has given up the ghost. I'm pretty sure it's the pump that is the problem because the boiler starts and stops after a few minutes - I believe because the pump isn't circulating the water around the house so the boiler cuts off automatically...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock