Discuss New hot-water cylinder after three years?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have seen motorised valves intermittently working and also preventing the hot water to be fully heated.

Um ah. It appears that the second plumber didn't tighten something on the "hot tank" (perhaps he checked the immersion element?) resulting a leak down a wall. The third (Polish) plumber:

"came to similar conclusion as others. There must be something inside the cylinder that might fell off and got stuck somewhere or it’s the lime scale. He advised to contact [housing-site] developer ( so we did - but he said that’s not his business and we need to contact the cylinder manufacturer ). He sees two solutions: To take the cylinder out and clean it then install the water softener or buy the new one with new water softener."

Of course contacting the manufacturer is a waste of time - it will obviously (and reasonably) point to the installer - and I see from other threads that blockages in pipes can cause problems to a cylinder's efficiency.

I think we've taken this far as we can, and I'm grateful for your input.

Now as it happens, another Polish friend has just been gifted a house in East Kent. A new boiler was installed three years ago and for most of that time the house has not been lived in. Now Evey has been quoted £500 for repairs to the boiler, which broke down shortly after she moved in ...

Seriously, no need to reply; I'm just noting the minor coincidence.

Reply to New hot-water cylinder after three years?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock