Discuss Bristan Chrome Tap Shrouds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

I have bought some to fit in my bathroom and I am trying to understand how do you fit these anyone got any ideas as I dont have a lot of play in the pipework :confused:

Please help gents they look so simple to fit but I can see they are going to be a pain in the behind :eek:

Have you looked at the technical specs on the Bristan website?

Not sure what you are referring to - post a link here.

They are 660mm high chrome sleeves to go over the hot and cold feed pipes to the bath mixer free standing mixer and bath :(

They are 660mm high chrome sleeves to go over the hot and cold feed pipes to the bath mixer free standing mixer and bath :(
fitted a few of these type of things everyone is diferent but generally they alan key and o ring together following MI'swhat i have found is they need some realy secure pipework under the floor to screw into due to the amount of leverage on them

are taps free standing or fit on a rolled top bath
are they made by Bristan or another
as steve says all differant types,some real sods to fit
think they do telescopic ones now,make things alot easier
The floor you are going into is it tiled,wood or concrete because sometimes,if one straight shroud the last joint you make is the bottom one,its a two man job, the bath and connected pipework to tap with stroud over top is lifted and then lower bath and pipework ends into pipework fitting at floor end and tighten (could use push it )
all good fun,the distance dropped at bottom over fitting should be covered by roll top of bath top

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan Chrome Tap Shrouds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back