Search the forum,

Discuss Boxing a Geberit UP320 concealed cistern with Sigma 50 plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lyrical

Hi All,

This is my first post and was wondering if anyone could help me out in regards to boxing a Geberit UP320 concealed cistern.

My plumber recently did the first fix in installing the Geberit system but has now gone on holiday and has left it to the tiler to box the system. The tiler has never boxed a wall hung system before and is confussed.

My question is does the tiler make a box up to the blue flush guard that is currently there or does he make the box which finished 30 or 40 mm before the blue flush guard?

I hope this makes sense

Build a 2x2 timber frame around the cistern frame and screw thick plasterboard to timber frame. It is important to get the holes for the fixing bolts, waste outlet, flush pipe connection and push button flush in the correct position so i would say it is important for the plumber to do this work as once its tiled you dont want to rip it out again. Its unfair to expect the tiler to get this right. It might be worth looking at the Gerberit website as it might have installation instructions.

Hi All,

My tiler has managed to build a frame around the system (pictures attached) but the plumber said its wrong as it needs to finish further back, im not sure if this is entuirely true:confused:

Does anyone know if this frame looks ok and also can the system be adjusted? if you look at photo3 there are these hooks on both side which looks like they can be moved back and fourth but I am not sure how to do this, can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 51
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 55
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 68
Is there any chance the plumber and tiler can communicate with each other? Its hard to tell from the photos if the frame is too far forward. If the plasterboard and tiling thickness will bring it passed the blue front then yes it will be too far forward.

I dont understand why trades men don't communicate with each other? To be fair though the plumber has done his first fix and gone on to do another job elsewhere, so to get him back to the house just to look at the frame has been a nightmare.

Saying that, once the ply and tiling goes on it will go past the blue guide as it currently stands. I will try and get the frame adjusted so the ply and tiling does not exceed the guard.

Thanks

The guard is there as a guide. It doesn't take too much to figuring out where the frame goes, even for a tiler:rolleyes: There would have been an instruction sheet came with it. Read it if you still have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boxing a Geberit UP320 concealed cistern with Sigma 50 plate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock