Discuss Boiler report, Problem? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am potentially buying a house but the below has been written on an inspection carried out on the boiler.

"Boiler not fitted to manufacturers instructions.
Open vent boiler installed on a pressurised system.
Flue twisted and allowing rainwater ingress and pump not wired to boiler circumventing the boilers purge and post circulation functions."

How serious is this and will it be costly to put right?

Thanks

If that's whats on the report - take 5k of the asking price.

Sounds like a botch up of a boiler installation.

Hopefully, for your sake, it may be a botch up of the report.

How big is the house and the boiler size?
It may be even substantially more for a larger boiler.

What the make of the boiler ?

Have you tried asking the person who wrote the report how much they'd budget to remedy the problems?

Bad installations can be expensive to remedy. There may be some feature of the house that makes doing a proper job difficult, which is why corners were cut in the first place.

Thanks for the replies so far.

The boiler is a vokera mynute 15 vhe.
4 bedroom house, En Suite plus a bathroom.

I didn't organise the report the seller did so I will try and get some sense out of them later today.

Reply to Boiler report, Problem? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi I am potentially buying a house but the below has been written on an inspection carried out on the boiler. "Boiler not fitted to...
Replies
Views
Nigel Davies
N
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can suggest where I should looking to resolve this one... I have a Bosch 30Cdi regular boiler on an S plan system with a 180L...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock