Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler report, Problem? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am potentially buying a house but the below has been written on an inspection carried out on the boiler.

"Boiler not fitted to manufacturers instructions.
Open vent boiler installed on a pressurised system.
Flue twisted and allowing rainwater ingress and pump not wired to boiler circumventing the boilers purge and post circulation functions."

How serious is this and will it be costly to put right?

Thanks

If that's whats on the report - take 5k of the asking price.

Sounds like a botch up of a boiler installation.

Hopefully, for your sake, it may be a botch up of the report.

How big is the house and the boiler size?
It may be even substantially more for a larger boiler.

What the make of the boiler ?

Have you tried asking the person who wrote the report how much they'd budget to remedy the problems?

Bad installations can be expensive to remedy. There may be some feature of the house that makes doing a proper job difficult, which is why corners were cut in the first place.

Thanks for the replies so far.

The boiler is a vokera mynute 15 vhe.
4 bedroom house, En Suite plus a bathroom.

I didn't organise the report the seller did so I will try and get some sense out of them later today.

Reply to Boiler report, Problem? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock