Discuss Boiler Discharge Copper Pipe Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few boiler prv discharge pipes routed into plastic 5 gallon containers sood next to the boiler when it is not easily accessible to route outside to a drain. Is this an acceptable method or should every attempt be made to route the discharge outside?

regards

Jim

to be honest its not correct but will work and wont do any harm , we had to do that with a solar circuit kinda differnt those

oh no steam,and,or red hot water,not good inside a property,it's only a pipe to the outside,15mm that's all.only takes a few minutes.never commission a boiler without sorting the prv.condense into a bucket while an extension is bieng done,yes but not prv.only takes a stat to malfunction and it will get to 3 bar

a solar circuit is hotter and gloworm tell you to do this so its not all bad

Solar PRV's must disharge into 5 gallon containers due to the gylcol that systems are full of.

I have not fitted a solar system yet but can see the argument that the presure release discharge can be discharged into a 5 gal container due to the presence of glycol however due to possible temp of discharge would have thought would have been a metal or high temperature resistant insulated container with maybe view chamber ?
As a gas boiler only system has no such anti freeze ect chemicals,apart from inhibitor,maybe leak sealer and say some mild system cleaner :)the discharge pipework should be terminated correctly outside
Another point is when you turn up at a solar instalation and container full of nasty system chemicals,or you have to drain to carry out works,were offically. do you empty the container or system water,do you have to ring up a disposal firm,do you add so many parts tap water to dilute,and test consentrate before you poor down drain ?

Last edited by a moderator:
not to sure about that but i was told by glow worm to use 4 inch soil pipe witha cap at the bottom and clipped up and dischrge into the top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Discharge Copper Pipe Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock