Discuss Best Combi boiler for small 2 bedroom bungalow for shower pressure and 1 bathroom. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wisey

Hi all, firstly I know this has probably been covered several times elsewhere but I haven't seen it with the exact same requirements as ours so thought it would be best if I double check, so I apologies if you're rolling your eyes whilst reading this!

We currently use a boiler which is 28 years old, has a cylinder in a cupboard in our bathroom and a water tank in the loft. We use a 3.5 bar pump for a rain head style power shower and to be honest the water pressure isn't great but I think this is down to the hot water pressure as I have been told in the past that the cold water pressure is quite good. The old boiler is still working fine but we are looking at completely changing the bathroom into a wet room and thought this would be a good time to install a new one as its days must be numbered. We want to get rid of the cylinder and use the cupboard for a sunken bath so I know we need a combi boiler unless we install a new cylinder in the loft but I think this will be more effort than it's worth.

There are only 2 of us and don't generally run the Dishwasher/Washing machine at the same time of showering, we only have about 5 radiators and all we are really interested in is a nice powerful shower. We will just be having the one rain style shower similar to what we already use and we are also after installing one of the waterfall cascading taps for the sunken bath and am assuming this needs good pressure to look right.

We have had a recommended boiler guy round who seems really honest and genuine but is a little older and has basically told me most of the above so far. He has gone away to try and find the best boiler and has emailed today saying he is looking at a Valiant now and not a Worcester. So I thought I would do some research as I'm hoping there is a boiler out there which will suit our needs.

Is there a boiler that has now been magically invented which will give a really nice powerful shower, basically either similar or better than what I already have? Or is there a chance I will be disappointed and should scrap the bath and stick with the current setup with the cylinder but with a new and improved boiler. We don't mind spending the extra money if there is a combi boiler made for such high demands, or if anyone can suggest anything to improve the combi boiler? I've noticed people mentioning thermostat mixers?!?

Thanks in advance for your help and again i'm sorry if you're sick of reading about a similar subject!

Paul

Go for a boiler with good flow rates on HW. I usually fit Vaillant/ideal.

Re: Best Combi boiler for small 2 bedroom bungalow for shower pressure and 1 bathroom

Thanks very much, I'll have a look.

Re: Best Combi boiler for small 2 bedroom bungalow for shower pressure and 1 bathroom

Go for a boiler with good flow rates on HW. I usually fit Vaillant/ideal.

Is there a rate I should be aiming for? Like 13L pm?

1st remember that the water flow will be limited by the boiler, cant understand why hot water is poor with a 3.5 bar pump on it, is this pump also connected to the cold water tank ?? for the shower or is the cold to the shower off the mains ? if so that wont help with how the shower is performing. D/washer & W/machine are poss only cold fill, the type of shower head you have is not for pressure, more for volume you need a smaller head for a strong shower!

Unvented cylinder and boiler best system you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best Combi boiler for small 2 bedroom bungalow for shower pressure and 1 bathroom. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back