Discuss Baxi SOLO HE problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommy Bow

Fitted a HE recently on existing system. The system was power flushed prior to installation. Took temperature readings from flow and return and it was normal when system was operating properly.

Of late, once it has ran for an hour or so, it will shut down and relit for a few seconds, than ignition light will flash red for a sec and try and relight. It will continue to do this.No real fault code appears for any length of time. I happened to be there when this was happening and took temperature readings from flow and return. They were the same or the return was a degree hotter than flow. I have checked pump and it is working.

The pump is on the return directly above boiler. Polarity is correct and flow swirth is working correctly. System is zoned and has a by pass.

Was with boiler for four hours checking over system and no fault was showing in that time, it has however started acting up again.

I firmly believe that the fault is not on the boiler but on a system component. No matter what speed the pump is on , it could happen.

My first thought is to change pump. What do ye think, please?

Wouldn't say it would be the pump, if it's trying to light continuously it'll be an ignition fault I'd say although it's difficult without seeing it.

Things to check.....

gas working pressure, spark electrode condition/gaps, flame rectification electrode condition/gap, fan/gas valve are operating correctly, flue is fitted to spec/correctly(flues can trap water at dips etc, this can cause huge problems at times). Obviously start with the basics though ie the 1st few on this list

hope that helps

call out baxi,dont mess about trying to fault find,its under garentee
had a similar problem last year they came and sorted it,i was,nt there when they went to customes house so dont know what they did

i had alot of faults with them but it was air locks and baxi told me to leave it running with the flow switch by-passed. now this forces air out of boiler. thats if it is going to ignition lockout. stay with it for a while if doing it with switch by-passed

The pump is on the return directly above boiler.

Why, the pump should be on the flow directly after the vent pipe, cold feed and then the pump . I presume the Baxi guy was trying to help you out a bit !.

Kev.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi SOLO HE problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock