Discuss Another Grey Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreenArmy

After seeing a recent thread on grey areas, i was wondering what thoughts are on Condensate pipe terminating into rain water guttering? Is it OK or a definite no no? Of course i know what the manuals say, but do tend to see some condensate pipes terminating into guttering especially in properties that we call 'Cornish Units'.
Thoughts please!

no it cant terminate into rain gutter due possobility of acidic waste blowing out from gutter and due during dry spell the acidic waste will sit in the guttering
had one of mine i had to rerun after building inspector was checking

also nowhere in mi does it state as acceptable so not that grey an area really

32 pages (out of 66) of gas/plumbing/electrical centres must be making them a small fortune.

Im thinking the lack of response from the usual posters on this subject does make it a 'Grey Area'.
Im not questioning the responses so far, but to be fair one says it might be OK the other says it isnt.
Ive personally never done it, but can certainly see situations where it might be the only option.
So is it a..... Well it will be alright situation......or a......Crikey if the Gas Safe Inspector see's this he will go mad?
If you see it on a service or safety check do you note it as NCS or just let it go?

According to Nick Clegg's document

... also known as ... deep breath ...

Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
Guide to the Condensing Boiler Installation Assessment Procedure for Dwellings

internal stack pipe
waste pipe
external drain, or gully
rainwater hopper that is part of a combined system ie sewer carries both rainwater and foul water
purpose made soakaway

The guy who i work along side for the last 2 years has regulary connected to a down pipe for the condensate, as no other suitable drain ofs nearby. I am sure he has had no call backs over this period!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another Grey Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock