Currently reading:
Boiler filled with water due to backfilling from condensate pipe

Discuss Boiler filled with water due to backfilling from condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I was hoping some one can give me some advice, Sunday morning I came down to a wet floor and no heating or hot water. I initially thought that the heat exchanger had gone in the boiler. After a lot of clearing up and drying out I managed to get some one to look at the boiler and they suggested as the boiler was old, it's a Potterton Suprima 80 he which appears to have been installed in 2004, the heat exchanger had gone.
However thinking some more about it the condensate pipe is connected to a rainwater downpipe and there was a lot of rain over night. So my thinking is that the soakaway has become blocked and the rainwater has backfilled into the boiler, there's no air break in the condensate pipe. To test this theory I've refilled the system to see if the boiler leaks again.

So my question is if the boiler doesn't leak would it be safe to use? I know the control unit needs replacing as this shorted out when it filled with water. Until this happened it all seemed to be working ok.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to Boiler filled with water due to backfilling from condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock