Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 90 degree bend in polybutylene pipe within elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to form a 90 degree bend in a polybutylene pipe without using an elbow connector.

The pipe runs in a floor void and will be hard to access once installed, so I wanted to eliminate a potential leak source if at all possible.

I vaguely remember a metal part that wrapped itself around the pipe to form a bend but maybe I'm mistaken...

All help and advice gratefully received.

Tony.

personally i would use a cement welded joint if done correctly no problem, can u not create an access panel for future service.

Can you solvent weld polybutylene pipe ??

The original poster did not say what size the pipe was nor if it was for water services, central heating, or a waste pipe

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i would use a cement welded joint if done correctly no problem, can u not create an access panel for future service.

Thanks for that reply trying. I didn't mention that the pipe in question is a 15mm water supply pipe. Is it still possible to weld the joint?
No, it's not really possible to create an access panel. It runs behind a short run of floor standing built-in cabinets. It might be possible to access it by removing the plinth, but it might still be difficult to reach it.

Tony.

In France you can get "shoes" that the pipe fits in for a bend this stops the pipe from "throating" or collapsing at a later date, don't know about the UK

No worries the link is just en example photo, you can pick them up from b and q too.

I think I get around 95% of my gear from toolstation, I just like the fact that you can see all the prices, good call.
me too, its like a info catalouge where you can work out best to solve problem, especially in the pan connectors.
cheap as chips too ie check out 25 elbows 15mm skrufix:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 90 degree bend in polybutylene pipe within elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock