Search the forum,

Discuss Y plan motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

If a y plan system shuts down when the last function was central heating power remains on to the motorised valve and maintains the motor in a stalled condition. This means that It can remain in this state overnight . Has anyone found a solution to this situation?

No call for heat, no power to valve, no power to circulation pump, the Y plan valvce remaining in this condition is not a problem, register on the forum for any further discussion

Just google 'Honeywell Y plan Wiring diagram' and you'll see the full answer as to why I am correct.

Last edited:
To pub member
do you not consider it a problem that in the condition I describe that although the system is off power is still on to the motor and will remain on overnight. If you touch the motor you will feel a considerable heat output . And although minimal (approx 6w) of power consumption. Surely a solution to this would be an advantage. Regards.A

Pub master. I do not require help. I am fully conversant with all Honeywell wiring systems and circuit diagrams eg y.s.w plans and how they work. The fact that when the system shuts down after the last call was for heating the grey wire to the valve remains live supplying power to the motor overnight. I am asking for opinions and possible solutions to this fact. Regards A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Y plan motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves. I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock