Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Y plan motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

If a y plan system shuts down when the last function was central heating power remains on to the motorised valve and maintains the motor in a stalled condition. This means that It can remain in this state overnight . Has anyone found a solution to this situation?

No call for heat, no power to valve, no power to circulation pump, the Y plan valvce remaining in this condition is not a problem, register on the forum for any further discussion

Just google 'Honeywell Y plan Wiring diagram' and you'll see the full answer as to why I am correct.

Last edited:
To pub member
do you not consider it a problem that in the condition I describe that although the system is off power is still on to the motor and will remain on overnight. If you touch the motor you will feel a considerable heat output . And although minimal (approx 6w) of power consumption. Surely a solution to this would be an advantage. Regards.A

Pub master. I do not require help. I am fully conversant with all Honeywell wiring systems and circuit diagrams eg y.s.w plans and how they work. The fact that when the system shuts down after the last call was for heating the grey wire to the valve remains live supplying power to the motor overnight. I am asking for opinions and possible solutions to this fact. Regards A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Y plan motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock