Search the forum,

Discuss Wrong way round. . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Ehup Chaps . This was always on the cards , the customer was warned . Commissioning a boiler this morning , gas pressure miles off , commissioning aborted , back Monday to upsize gas pipe.
The first , say 10 meters of gas pipe ( 22 mm )is under, fecing 2 laminate floors Pffftttttt but I can get to the last 4/5 meters , can I put 28mm on the last section to the boiler to make sure it makes the required pressure, I have never done it but heard it can be done .
Thank you in advance

Yes you can never done it myself

Totally get the practicality side but anything you can’t see is absolute guesswork

I've done it just before Christmas. First 5mtrs was a pig but about 15mtrs was outside then the last 4 mtrs was a pig.

We changed the 15mtrs to try and get it as good as possible for Christmas then comeback in the new year to put 100% right. When I tested it we had less than 1mbar drop so was happy to leave it. I was quite happy to leave it permanently after that.

Ehup Chaps . This was always on the cards , the customer was warned . Commissioning a boiler this morning , gas pressure miles off , commissioning aborted , back Monday to upsize gas pipe.
The first , say 10 meters of gas pipe ( 22 mm )is under, fecing 2 laminate floors Pffftttttt but I can get to the last 4/5 meters , can I put 28mm on the last section to the boiler to make sure it makes the required pressure, I have never done it but heard it can be done .
Thank you in advance

You can do if there's no better way. I have see BG do it but to be fair it was impossible to do it any other way in that case. I would badge it up as that at the Meter so that future Engineers are aware of it being enlarged contrary to what is expected.

How far out is it and were other appliances affected?

You can do if there's no better way. I have see BG do it but to be fair it was impossible to do it any other way in that case. I would badge it up as that at the Meter so that future Engineers are aware of it being enlarged contrary to what is expected.

How far out is it and were other appliances affected?

I never did it in the end pal , just a huge job pulling the floors up , 2 laminates , bottom one glued , 8’ x 2 ‘ caber floor floor . Gas pipe in plastered wall , the house is full of furniture and bleeding nic-nacs , bloody nightmare job . I have spent all day running a 28 mm copper pipe round the house and through the garage , should finish it tomorrow lol , god I hope so .

I never did it in the end pal , just a huge job pulling the floors up , 2 laminates , bottom one glued , 8’ x 2 ‘ caber floor floor . Gas pipe in plastered wall , the house is full of furniture and bleeding nic-nacs , bloody nightmare job . I have spent all day running a 28 mm copper pipe round the house and through the garage , should finish it tomorrow lol , god I hope so .

thats where you need a helper

Reply to Wrong way round. . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of it. I was called by a landlord to do a gas safety check on a property that is now at the latter stages of being sold and the buyers wanted the usual...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
P
Hi people, I am trying to do a basic plumbing installation, and would like some pointers, as i have never done any plumbing in my life, and i want to do the job right and as simply as possible, without fuss, and preferrably without calling a plumber out. I want a challenge! I want to use...
Replies
Views
plonkerplumber
P
C
After doing a bit research and speaking to a few gas engineer friends. I am looking into a fast track course with a company in newcastle kier the cause last 15 weeks with a placement working with kier I believe. Then a guaranteed interview to fit smart meters. The full programme to become a...
Replies
Views
Mark#91
M
N
Hi - We have a loft mounted Megaflo CL145HE, which was installed about five years ago by a “professional” plumber – to cut a long story short, we had to get a new plumber in to sort it out as the heating / hot water did not work correctly. At first he claimed to be trained to work on these...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, This is a bit of a convoluted issue so please bear with me as I am not a trade professional & apologies for the length. If this in the wrong section, will the mods please kindly re-direct to the correct one! We have been suffering an infestation of rats in our house (semi detached...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock