Search the forum,

Discuss Working a 4 day week in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has anyone managed to get a job through a company where you work 4 days a week? Say 40 hours over 4 days

Its highly unlikely if your contracted to a company your a tool to be used to turn a profit for that company and provide a wage for yourself jobs often take longer than expected and I can't see their customers waiting for 3 days for your return, I did have short spells away from a company I worked for but this was to benefit both sides as my boss was winding the company down for his retirement and I was starting my own company 13 years ago . Kop

I've been trying to do 4 days a week for 4 years, but I'm self employed. It's hard work keeping it to only 5 days.
It's the work I do though at the minute. Bathroom installs, oil boiler installs all difficult to be able to say on a Thursday afternoon, 'right I'll see you monday'.
This is the last year for big bathroom installs and heavy oil boiler installs.
I want to expand the oil servicing and repairs side, plus smaller plumbing jobs. I reckon I can get into 4 days a week with that and well into retirement as I don't think I could fully retire.

Reply to Working a 4 day week in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
I have a dripping tap that was getting progressively worse over the period of about 4 to 6 weeks and have replaced with a brand new cartridge on 2 separate occasions, but after 4 to 6 weeks the problem returns.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong gasoline/cigarette smell coming from the pipes I think. It is not there all the time, in fact it went away for 4 days and now it has returned...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock