Discuss Working a 4 day week in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has anyone managed to get a job through a company where you work 4 days a week? Say 40 hours over 4 days

Its highly unlikely if your contracted to a company your a tool to be used to turn a profit for that company and provide a wage for yourself jobs often take longer than expected and I can't see their customers waiting for 3 days for your return, I did have short spells away from a company I worked for but this was to benefit both sides as my boss was winding the company down for his retirement and I was starting my own company 13 years ago . Kop

I've been trying to do 4 days a week for 4 years, but I'm self employed. It's hard work keeping it to only 5 days.
It's the work I do though at the minute. Bathroom installs, oil boiler installs all difficult to be able to say on a Thursday afternoon, 'right I'll see you monday'.
This is the last year for big bathroom installs and heavy oil boiler installs.
I want to expand the oil servicing and repairs side, plus smaller plumbing jobs. I reckon I can get into 4 days a week with that and well into retirement as I don't think I could fully retire.

Reply to Working a 4 day week in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock