Search the forum,

Discuss Would you use this piece of software if available? Why? At what price point? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through manufacturer's websites hoping they still have some datasheets available so I can grab the part number of the parts I need to replace, then going through different UFH parts suppliers hoping that someone has the part is stock. It's frustrating to say the least to have to do this on most small repair jobs.

I have some coding experience and I'm looking into creating a website that will automate this process.

The general idea is the following:
1. You enter the website
2. You select the brand you're working with (ex. Polypipe, NuHeat, Ambiente, etc)
3. You get a list of manifolds produced by that brand over the years with images of each, so you can easily identify the exact manifold you're working with
4. You choose the manifold and it leads you to that manifold page, where you have the exploded diagram with all the parts numbered (1,2,3,4,5)
5. You choose the part you need and it leads you to the part page, where you have a generated list of vendors who sell it with links to their product page, price, stock and delivery information
6. You click the link of the vendor you want to buy it from and you make the purchase on their website.

There's quite a bit of work involved into creating this, so I'd like to know if you guys think this could be useful to you and if created and working well, would you use it regularly?

Reply to Would you use this piece of software if available? Why? At what price point? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock