Search the forum,

Discuss :: Worcester CDi II combi - Bizarre pressure changes! :: in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KMaxx

Greetings o ye boiler experts… :)

Worcester Bosch 35CDi II Combi boiler, possibly about 7 years old (we moved in only Aug 2014)

>> Default pressure on the boiler gauge when cold was 0.3 Bar.. (Has never dropped to 0)
>> Everything works though– Central heating, hot water
--- (though there are oscillating temperatures fluctuations in all hot water taps - kitchen and shower from rising till its too hot, luke warm and back again, even though the tap is maintained in the same position – will park this issue for now).

>> When running the system with Central Heating (CH) on, the pressure eventually rises to about 1.6 Bar. Upon cooling down, its back to 0.3 bar.

>> Re-pressurize the system yesterday following the instructions, which rises oh-so-very slowly.

>> Stopped the re-pressurization upon reaching 1.2 Bar (which took a good 10 minutes or so) – however, the pressure STILL climbed very gradually thereafter on its own settling at about 1.8 Bar.

---------- The first night, keeping CH OFF, and only using the water for showers, cooking, the pressure rise is insignificant, returning to about 1.8 Bar when cold.

--------- This evening, with pressure at 1.8 Bar when cold, I turned the CH on.. and the pressure rose to 3.1 Bar in about 15 minutes or so– at which point I panicked and turned CH off, and the pressure eventually has dropped to about 1.8 Bar.

Thus – The pressure difference on the boiler with CH not-running and running is ALWAYS about 1.3 Bar (irrespective of the starting low pressure, i.e 0.3 or 1.8) --- Is this quite abnormal?
Don’t seem to notice any leaks at the radiators. A few are ON and in some rooms they are OFF. They seem to be heating ok (though may be I should pay more attention for air-pockets)

Any thoughts on what I might need to have looked at? --- i.e The boiler itself, pressure from the water mains, varying the gauge on the boiler for CH/hot water, or look at the pipework?

Could it be that this boiler pressure behaviour has a knock-on effect with the oscillating hot water temperatures experienced? (or is that quite independent?)

Greatly appreciate any thoughts .. Many thanks :blush5:

You need to get a GSR bloke there to look inside at a particular part. And to look at the delay in your pressure gauge....Sorry not allowed to tell you anymore.

Hi Kmaxx and welcome along , unfortunately in this case we cannot answer your query as its gas related, but certainly contact your local engineer and I'm sure he'll fix it, in the mean time keep a close eye on the pressure and maintain it @ 1bar when systems cold which will rise to 1.5 -2bar when heatings on,

If the boiler is working as normal the amount the pressure rises depends on the size of the system and water temp.

Assuming the boiler has not been serviced for a long time i would book a service while mentioning the issues you have so the engineer is prepared to spend alittle more time if needed to look into the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to :: Worcester CDi II combi - Bizarre pressure changes! :: in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I notified the pressure reading was too high (> 3 bar). My plumber came and did a regular service and told me the boiler is in tip top condition. The...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock