Discuss Worcester boiler 24i junior problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to call out a gas reg engineer as it is not diy repairable.
unless it will joggle into operation.

Are you sure the condensate hasn't frozen? With this weather its becoming very common lately.

100% frozen condense.

All worcesters "gurgle" when condense is frozen. Kettle of hot water over any external part of condense pipe then finally get some very hot water down centre part of flue, careful not to get any into the outer part of the flue,

My 24i has just gone offline after the radiators were bled while CH online (don't ask).

We've had squeeky noises and now no hot water and no CH.

Main light is solid blue, no green flame light and bar is at the very bottom.

I'm assuming this might be a water pressure problem - how do you top up the water?

Any other ideas?

Ta

I'm looking at one tomorrow that is not doing anything,
Custard said he has been losing presure for a few weeks mow and just yesterday it stopped working altogether.
My first time on this boiler:eek:
And this forum;)

Rich398, I would suggest your condense is frozen for certain mate. The juniors make a lot of noise like you desrcibe when they are frozen.

hi It's not my post but since i first posted on it re: worc. 24i- it is sorted it ws the LP switch gunked up, cleaned and re-fitted;)

Try cleaning out the condense siphon (read the manual) if you have one if not Google one.
Martin

hi It's not my post but since i first posted on it re: worc. 24i- it is sorted it ws the LP switch gunked up, cleaned and re-fitted;)

What is the LP switch and where is it please? My boiler is not doing CH or HW and the fault reset flashes. The blue light flashes on every 1 second. I've emptied the condense syphon. The CH pressure is 1.5 bar.

Please can anyone offer any further advice.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester boiler 24i junior problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock