Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester 9.24 RSF electronic intermittent fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Worcester 9.24 RSF electronic

I replaced the divert er valve + micro-switch, last year as the customer was not getting any HW problem solved. A new problem has arisen, The fault appears to be intermittent. I went out to check the boiler and it all appeared to be in working order and did not not play up.

Basically the fault does not follow any specific pattern, other than the fact it occurs when the heating is running, basically the boiler will cut out (burner goes out) all the rads will go cold & no HW and it wont re-fire . However if its left to its own devices for a while it will resume normal operation.

Any suggestions would be of great help

many thanks

Could be the APS getting old TFG at a guess? Dirt on the switch contacts basically. Slow to rise gas valve? Dodgy electrode shorting now and again on the case so pilot isn't lighting? Cupl of things worth testing maybe? :)

Thank you Diamond I will check that out those things. They asked me for a quote for a new HE condensing boiler so hoping they might go with that fingers crossed!

They're an old boiler TFG so replacing would be certainly more economical in the long run ... They must be on the endangered species list !!! :)

Its actually nearly as old as me, Worcester told me it was 20 something years old!

Last edited:
I've also had pumps sticking when hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 9.24 RSF electronic intermittent fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently had a Worchester 15i Regular boiler installed, it comes with honeywell control and thermostat also. Its suddenly developed a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have an oil worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii combi boiler. It's about 5 years old. The problem I have is when the thermostat calls for...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months back and have a problem with the boiler (Ideal HE12). It was always a bit noisy (fan) but it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock