Search the forum,

Discuss Whistling noise coming from Logic Combi 30 boiler upon ignition. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all.

I had the annual service for my Logic Combi 30 boiler back in November and all was seemingly fine. However since the colder weather has really begun within the past few weeks we have had the heating on more and at a higher temperature (22.5, up to 24 degrees on occasions). As the heating is now on most of the time we have started to notice a high-pitched whistling sound coming from within the boiler, it’s not deafening but it’s noticeable and in the past few days has happened multiple times in a day. One way I’ve discovered to stop this whistling noise is by opening the kitchen hot tap and by doing this the noise becomes higher pitched before stopping. This doesn’t happen every time the ignition kicks in but like I said it’s become more evident in the past month.

The boiler in question is located within the kitchen of our 4 year old 1 bedroom flat.

Many thanks for reading and thanks in advance for the help.

Happy New Year!

Very common do you know when they serviced it did they remove the boiler cover eg to get inside etc ?

Reply to Whistling noise coming from Logic Combi 30 boiler upon ignition. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in kitchen which is next to boiler and cold main in, it came on after a few seconds longer than norm I thought just a blip, but this weekend and since...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months ago (c.2 months) my Baxi combi boiler had an issue where the hot water would go hot and cold on a regular cycle; it would get hot, then cool down, then...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old Its conventional mains gas boiler central heating system (not a combi) the boiler is an “Ideal logic 18” – with hot water tank in an upstairs airing...
Replies
Views
Hi all,Hope Someone can shed any light on the issue we currently have. Last week the water company were working in our area ( though they never told us initially) and we only noticed and raised the issue as our water pressure was really low. Anyway long story short they completed the work in our...
Replies
Views
Good day - apologies if similar questions have been asked before but I have no real knowledge of plumbing and heating so thought I would try here to see if members might be able to help me. I have an almost new Gledhill unvented cylinder that was fitted at the start of the year. I have no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock