Discuss Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering

As others have said, I go for giving the fitting a gentle pinch so it still slips but only when you are actually sliding it into place.

Re: Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering

Whack it gently with a centre punch !

Don't use a slip coupler, cheeze!!!

You can borrow my pipe slice if you want, it squeezes the pipe so badly I can't get conex nuts on the buggers without reforming it with my pump pliers ;)

Sounds like my old (brand new) Nerrad pipe slice, it would spiral so bad I could have fit mic straight onto copper pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ways to prevent slip coupler slipping down a vertical copper pipe while soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Back