Search the forum,

Discuss water hammer problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heatinghelp

there's water hammer in the central heating system, i've bled all the radiators twice and the banging noise is still there and also there is weird sound sometimes like a almost inaudible whistle coming from near the radiator thermostat valve

any ideas what the problem could be?

are the rads getting hot and if so adjust the thermostatic valve to stop the noise

the rads are hot i'll give it a try and get back to you but thats not gonna stop the banging is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the whistle on a TRV, took the head off, pushed the plunger manually then refit the head, whistle stopped, hasnt returned, that was 6 months ago now.

If its the pipes creaking through timbers, melt a candle around where the pipes go through. Usually does the trick.

Same thing for stiff drawer runners - rub a candle on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water hammer problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock