Discuss water coming out of overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone will really need to see this one. It certainly points to the tap but if you're not confident to change it you will need a professional anyway. How old is the hot water cylinder??

Yeh its defo your tap and an easy fix , the hardest bit is ordering the proper insert cartridge for your mixer tap, but its a cheap fix so you wont need a tank lol,

Its something like this u need
upload_2017-4-9_22-49-9.jpeg

ah. That's great. A big relief I couldn't afford 4 or 5 hundred quid. I'm curious. Hiw can a dripping tap cause the water to gradually rise in the tank and overflow

Depending on what's gone wrong inside the tap you could have a situation where the cartridge is passing water out of the spout and also passing some mains pressure cold water back up the tank fed hot water supply and into the cylinder then back up into the loft tank. Basically the mains pressure pushes the tank fed hot water back up into the loft tank, filling it up and making it overflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water coming out of overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi Overflow suddenly spouting out luke warm water to outside of house, checked on down pipe in photo leads exterior overflow, could put finger...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock