Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water leaking at overflow in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

jsm

Hi
Overflow suddenly spouting out luke warm water to outside of house, checked on down pipe in photo leads exterior overflow, could put finger spout when overflowing and its luke warm water.

Why is it overflowing? Lot of water coming out.

Photo attached of side of tank to show above.

What is wrong???

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 12
Over time the cylinder can loose its air bubble there is a floating baffle inside your cylinder the air gap needs resetting, turn off the mains cold water supply to the cylinder open up 2 hot water taps and leave them open go back to the cylinder,
The black knob on the pressure relief is spring loaded turn it clockwise until you feel a click hold it in that position hot water should drain from your taps and copper pipework realeasing any built up pressure , once the water stops it's simply a case of shutting the relief valve close one hot tap, then slowly turn the cold supply back on refilling the cylinder this will reset the air gap water will vent from the hot tap let it run for a minute or so then switch off , Try this and see if it cures your problem. Kop

Reply to Hot water leaking at overflow in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock