Search the forum,

Discuss Warmflow oil boiler help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Postman1

Hi,can anyone offer advice? I hava warmflow u120 combi oil boiler which is 2 yrs old and recently broke down. Engineer told me that water pressure switch had gone and was causing it to switch off. A replacement has been fitted and heating is working but after a while the water heater is causing system to click on and off loudly with pressure and ignition lights flashing. I'm being told that the settings on the switch need modifying and this can only done from opening the top, is this right? This model is supposed to be a front servicing model designed to go under fixed surfaces. Obviously don't want to rip out counter needlessly so does this model have key components that need access from top and does pressure switch issue ring true? Advice welcome?

have look yourself at what he wants to work on, would you be able to reach it, having looked at the manual [DLMURL]http://warmflow.tpsrv.co.uk/media/13331058353307-optimised.pdf[/DLMURL]
it is showing removable side and top covers, so the manufacturers think you may need access. Surrounding your boiler with cupboards etc can be compared to squeezing a car into a garage, front end to the rear, then crawling out via the boot and shutting the door before you ask the AA to come out and fix it, whilst its still in the garage!

Hence why the manual states "[FONT=Arial,Bold]10.1.2 Service Access
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT]24” (600mm) Clearance should be provided above and in front of the boiler to allow for routine
servicing. Pumped, System and Combi models may require access to the top.

not sure what he is resetting but needs access to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
This model is supposed to be a front servicing model designed to go under fixed surfaces.r
Im afraid I cant help with the symptoms but Ive had to take out plenty of worktops on 'front service boilers' to get at key components like automatic air vents/ general pipework/ flues. 'Front servicing' doesnt mean 'front repair' Im afraid.

Id be interested to know how you get on and what settings were adjusted, not a problem Ive encountered yet.

I'm glad it wasnt only me that wasnt sure of the issues reported, a bit more info would be useful or the outcome please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow oil boiler help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Just had new Worcester Greenstar 8000 Lite Boiler and all radiators replaced. We upgraded to a combi Boiler. Had issues during and now after installation. Radiators are based over three floors with Four on the ground floor, Four on the First floor and three on the top floor. Issues...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’ve recently had a new radiator system - 13 rads - along with a new boiler and Nest 3rd Gen thermostat installed. The boiler is a Worcester Bosch 8000 Greenstar Life Gr8300iw 35 C Ng (35Kw combi boiler). The TRV are all danfoss ras-c2 on normal rads and standard chrome valves on the...
Replies
Views
I hope somebody can help us. Our oil Worcester combination boiler powers an old cottage with 17 radiators. We have major pressure loss. One radiator was feed by a pipe within the concrete floor but I have now replumbed that to be above ground. So all pipes are visible. We were told by the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock