Search the forum,

Discuss Major issues with New Boiler system and radiators in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had new Worcester Greenstar 8000 Lite Boiler and all radiators replaced.

We upgraded to a combi Boiler.

Had issues during and now after installation.

Radiators are based over three floors with

Four on the ground floor, Four on the First floor and three on the top floor.

Issues range from several radiator hot a top and cold towards the bottom of the radiator.

Radiator on the first floor range from one radiator not working at all to hardly any heat coming out of the other three.

Three of the radiators, in flow pipe hot but cold on the return pipe. One of the radiators flow in pipe and return pipe is cold this radiator pipe work is connected to one of the other radiators.

Several of the radiators in the system have the heat coming in on the TRV pipe and others on the Lock shield Valve pipe.

Had a leak on the pipe work in the cellar during installation and was told to re pressurise the system but the bar pressure kept falling and then went and checked pipe work able to be seen and found leak as noted about and had to turn the system off until if was fixed after the weekend.

Has air gone into the Heating system? Tried bleeding all radiators but no air in the top of the radiator. Does the system need topping up with Inhibitor after leak? No help or no interest from the Heating engineering about making sure the system was working correctly before leaving the Job.

All radiators have new TRV fitted.

Any advice or help would be gratefully received on what areas could be causing issues with the New Heating System and radiators.

The system needs to be balanced. The residual pump head might not be enough to generate flow though and I can’t see a chart displaying the details. It is possible the pump within the boiler isn’t man enough to cope with the system demand, in which case the system requires some sort of separation and an additional pump.

The Boiler/system should have been commissioned properly by the installer but you can check out a few items yourself.

System should have been flushed through before installation of new rads and a magnetic filter installed to protect the Boiler Hx.
Boiler (assumed on ground floor) pressure should be 1.5 bar when cold to allow for 3 floors.
Have you tried it on each floor only?
TRV manufacturer?

I think these boilers may come with the circ pump set to 2.5M head (setting 3) which may be too low for your system, would suggest set to 4M (setting 6), you should be able to access this yourself from the boiler menu and check/reset it.

1648793385628.png

Reply to Major issues with New Boiler system and radiators in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator with a more mundane type 22 panel radiator. The problem is that the new radiator sort of worked in the beginning, but it does not emit any heat now...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock