Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Warm air blower (oil) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Well, its been a week of new experiences. The sooty boiler referred to in my previous thread turns out to be a 22.5 Kw Garbutt warm air blower on a 3 bed bungalow. Ive never even looked at one before but quickly pulled the access panels off to find the air chamber full of soot. The front blast chamber door is split and there is daylight coming through the back end. Im thinking this is one lucky custard, all those gasses circulating round the bungalow. Garbutt dont appear to be around anymore more but Google suggested a firm called BMM. I spoke with them and for a couple of grand (!) they could make a new heat exchanger.....
Im just gonna take it to my local weld shop and have them make a new front door with flue stub, and weld the back up.

Once all this is done and pressure tested, anyone can recommend the settings to try and achieve on the burner?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3951.jpg
    IMG_3951.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3952.jpg
    IMG_3952.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3953.jpg
    IMG_3953.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3955.jpg
    IMG_3955.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 25
Talk to Powrmatic or Warmflow, you could get a complete new unit for the price of new hex!

If its a d11 I think .75/80h with a pump pressure of about140psi wouldnt be far off

Just one for you bunker. Don't get the cracks welded. I have capped off quite a few warm air units on oil and gas. The metal is at a brittle stage it won't expand and contract anymore, I guarantee you will go back next year and there will be a crack next to the weld. I've had people ignore this and sure enough next time cracked again.

Thanks for that mate, unfortunately too late, custard already had it done. Returning next week to re-instate. I'll advise them to start planning for a replacement.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warm air blower (oil) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've moved into a new house and the boiler is located outside against the wall of the house. The boiler housing its self is made from...
Replies
Views
B
I keep having ext boilers locking out, Ive schooled the (intelligent) customers into wiping the photocell - its only the blast tube area that gets...
Replies
Views
Bunker
B
C
Hi all I have an ancient Lincoln oil fired warm air boiler (42 years!) with a Davis Wayne burner. It might be older than some of you! It still...
Replies
Views
clydesider
C
Portable oil fired hot air blower / space heater for sale. You will need to make a new flue exhaust for it as the old one is rotten. Does not...
Replies
Views
So you just bought or moved into the house, switched on the heating, and only some radiators are completely hot, while others are lukewarm with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock