Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant TurboMax 242E combi - no CH and CH demand indicator stopped lighting up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abbot2

Hi all,

I've got a Vaillant TurboMax 242E combi boiler, it was working fine so far, but this morning when I tried to turn on the CH (using external thermostat), CH did not start, CH demand indicator does not turn on, and there is no hot water in CH (but tap hot water works fine). I checked PCB connections, and tried linking PCB terminals 3 and 4 together (which connect to external thermostat) as troubleshooting guide suggests, but CH demand still does not light up. Troubleshooting guide now says "replace PCB" at this point. Is this really the only solution? Boiler was running fine and CH did work yesterday.

Thanks for your advise!

Try the third option

Pay someone qualified and experienced in this to fix it

It's a gas appliance.

Did it come up with a fault code ? don't mess around inside boiler you could cause more problems, fault may not be with boiler! get some one in who knows what they are looking at, you could finish up replacing parts that are not needed.

Did it come up with a fault code ?
It is a really old boiler, it does not have any kind of display, just 7 LEDs: power, hot water demand, central heating demand, fan operation, ignition, flame, burner lockout. Power LED is on. Hot water demand turns on when I open the hot water taps. Central heating demand did turn on when I switched on the heating with thermostat, but does not turn on now. All others (except burner lockout) did burn during normal burner operation, and still do turn on if I open the hot water taps.

I tested the thermostat - it still does short-circut corresponding wires when it is on, so thermostat is not a problem. Also there is 240V voltage present between terminals 4 and 5 when the thermostat is on as required by boiler manual.

Sorry but we DO NOT give out to much information on repairing gas appliances other than some basic tips on what to look for like low water pressure ! did you check this ?

Water pressure is fine (~ 1.5 bar), and if I understand correctly hot water from taps would not work if it was low water pressure, right?

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant TurboMax 242E combi - no CH and CH demand indicator stopped lighting up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the gas then goes out and then comes back on (not sure if this is usual to control the water temp), it does this a few times but then the boiler fails to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock