Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Turbomax F29 - What's the next step? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

danturbomax

I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the gas then goes out and then comes back on (not sure if this is usual to control the water temp), it does this a few times but then the boiler fails to ignite and locks out showing an f29 fault.

So far the following has been carried out to try to resolve the fault;

Electrode cleaned
PCB Replaced
Gas Valve Replaced
and it has been cleaned thoroughly inside, jets checked for blockages, fan blades cleaned, heat exchanger fins cleaned.

The boiler is at 1.5 bar.

Any ideas on what to check next?

Canoe filter ?

Who replaced all of these components? Check simple things (as you’ve not listed them). Ecv is in fully upright position, inlet WP of the boiler, condensate arrangement, has the flue been checked?

Who replaced all of these components? Check simple things (as you’ve not listed them). Ecv is in fully upright position, inlet WP of the boiler, condensate arrangement, has the flue been checked?
All components replaced by gas engineer. ECV is fully upright, not sure what the inlet WP is? To my knowledge it's not a condensing boiler. I will ask them to check the flue. Thanks for the suggestions

All components replaced by gas engineer. ECV is fully upright, not sure what the inlet WP is? To my knowledge it's not a condensing boiler. I will ask them to check the flue. Thanks for the suggestions
Apologies, I don’t believe it is condensing (was thinking EcoTEC which is what I work on). WP is working pressure.

Reply to Vaillant Turbomax F29 - What's the next step? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small Annex that only has 3 Rads. The boiler Cycles but is only ignited for about 30-40 seconds before reaching target Temp and then goes on pump overrun. Given that there are only 3 Rads and are 'designer' with a total combined KW spec of about 2.5kw, the...
Replies
Views
My ancient Vaillant Turbomax has been operating perfectly for the last few years but this week on Monday night I had no hot water or heating. I switched the boiler off and back on and all was fine again. The system is on a Honeywell system which switches the heating on in the morning for half...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello everyone, I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 838. The issue i have is after the heating is switched on and then left it to cool over night i see the pressure has gone up. For example yesterday it was set at 1.3 heating was switched on and when it reached its temp it went upto 1.9 so no issues...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water and central heating. When it operates it takes anything from one to several attempts to light and when it takes too many the lockout circuit is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock