Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant TURBOMax Plus 828E - Partial Load Setting d.00 problems in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small Annex that only has 3 Rads. The boiler Cycles but is only ignited for about 30-40 seconds before reaching target Temp and then goes on pump overrun.

Given that there are only 3 Rads and are 'designer' with a total combined KW spec of about 2.5kw, the rads are slow to heat the room, but I’ll solve that with some change of Rads at some point.

System is flushed and cleansed (x800) and has an Addy fitted. The Rad flows seems good and water relatively clean. I've taken thermal images also to confirm good heat flow.

The issue is how to reduce the Heating Partial load d.00 to closer to the ability of the Rads to heat the Annex. I’ve tried setting d.00 Part load to the lowest settings of 0, 1. The max according to the manual is 15 for the 28kw capacity. For some reason my d.00, actual enables settings of 0 to 30 rather than 0 to 15. Either way, whatever its set to, does not seem to Modulate the flame / gas flow to a lower level. I think this boiler has a range of approx. 10 to 28kw, which I assume should match the d.00 range of 0 – 15.

As a very rough comparator, I decided to check the Meter Gas flow rates between this Boiler/Small Annex against the separate House that has a Vailllant ecoTEC Plus 630, that modules nicely (on Heating Partial Load - Auto)

The Annex - TURBOMax Plus 828E seems to consume Gas at nearly 200% flow rate of the House (5 times the annex size) with an ecoTEC Plus 630. This was a really rough comparator, but the results really jumped out at me, and confirms that the d.00 Part Load Setting of 0 or 1 made no difference to when I have it set at 15.

Does anybody have any experience of problems with TURBOmax - Part Load Settings not working ?

Reply to Vaillant TURBOMax Plus 828E - Partial Load Setting d.00 problems in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock