Search the forum,

Discuss Updates within the trade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Quick question regarding keeping up to date with changes in the industry. I never hear anything through work so where do you lot get the info? I was in the merchants the other day and a guy in there was on a call about a boiler replacement and told the customer he can't do it without fitting trv's to existing rads. So that's when it came to me, where does this info filter through?

Working for a company it is very difficult as most don't give you the info.

Out of all the companies that I have worked for only 1 has kept us up to date on technical bulletins but that was it. On the others I used to speak to people in the merchants and they said things so I used to confirm it through gas safe etc.

Apparently you can log into gas safe using your engineer number to look for updates and all that.

Now I'm self employed it's a lot easier as I have the gas safe mag come through so I have a quick read through and keep up to date. Also coming on here helps massively as if something does come up somebody will post it.

Things like trv's being installed on every rad I heard when I did my energy efficiency many many moons ago before that I just thought I fitted them because the people want them.

Oil is a lot better as every technician gets the installer mag come through the post which I think is great and gas safe should do it to every engineer or even to registered engineers who would like one sent through.

Bring it up with your boss and ask if you could be kept up to date and see what they say.

apparently there is some kind of internet forum for plumbers............

I wouldn't trust anything you read on the internet, especially forums. It's inhabited by spotty schoolboys making stuff up between marathon winking sessions.

All gas engineers can get the monthly magazine, can log onto gas safe website, use this forum etc....

Large companies have a duty to keep all technical staff upto date with current standards and trained to new qualifications when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Updates within the trade? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock