Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented hot water tank noisy filling sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My Unvented hot water tank makes a noisy filling sound when the hot water and heating come on. Any ideas on how to stop it??
It's had a new expansion tank and prv recently.

What brand of unvented unit is it?
Also how old is it and was it always making the noise?
You need to use a G3 unvented qualified plumber to work on the unit.
Some had a problem with flow noise which can be corrected

As Riley said, needs serviced once a year to keep long warranty of unit and to keep it all working properly and safe.
Just inform service person, or contact manufacturer

Yes. So 2 yrs ago my old tank blew and emptied into the room below. Bought a new tank, the plumber next door fitted it for us, but didn't fit the expansion tank that came with it. I noticed that water was coming out of the pipe outside. Bought a new prv as that was what was recommended. Water was still coming out a little, and a plumber told me to check the expansion tank. It was full of water, so i fitted the new one that came with the new tank, but still getting the filling noise.

Ok so you are working illegally on what can be a very dangerous appliance. You need to be G3 qualified. Your “plumber” is clearly incompetent if he’s not installed the correct expansion vessel and is also breaking all sorts of rules if he’s not qualified. Please turn off the install and get a professionally qualified person in to check the install over for you

It’s your safety. Seriously. These things are literally bombs if not installed properly. Please watch

Reply to Unvented hot water tank noisy filling sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app 2hrs in morning 2 hrs in evening Any help be much appreciated
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock