Discuss Unvented Cylinder In Basement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Evening Chaps and Chapesses,

Been asked to look at possibilty of installing an unvented cylinder in a basement. Only issue is that there isn't a drain anywhere down there. I had thought of installing the water control valve above ground and taking the cold feed down to it, but then there's the 600mm rule. This still leaves the TPR valve outlet. I had thought of self contained tank and submersible pump, even adding audible alarm.

Any thoughts?

If theUHW cylinder is located in a basement, a self-priming pump must be installed in a sump to lift the discharged water to atmosphere. The discharge pipe must be visible and terminate as for a low level discharge.
That’s what my UHW bpec book tells me. Hope it helps, Simon.

Sounds good to me Alex. It wasn't covered in my course or in the documentation I had, next port of call was the manufacturer.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Cylinder In Basement. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock