Discuss Under floor heating manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bryanlittlefair

Hi all, I have recently moved into a barn conversion with an 11 zone continental UFH manifold. two of the zones are completely dry and I need some help to fix it. The strange situation is, the end set for the filling / draining doesn't have an opening tap ? it has a hose connector and a air bleed vent bu nothing to open the inlet outlet after you have connected the hose,. The UFH system is connected to the top up system and I have ran this up to 2 bar pressure and that doesn't fill the zones, water is spurting out of th air tap's when opened so not think thats fine. All of the other zones on the manifold have flow going through them and the water has slightly coloured in them, but the end two look brand new with no flow/ I have removed all the actuators and re-balanced the system, even with actuators removed and a good few hits to remove any potential limescale with the persuader still nothing, so I followed all the instructions to connect the hoses to fill up the manifold..... and there is no tap on the end set probably because they but up to joists, but you can feel round the back and there is nothing but smooth brass... so how am I supposed to fill the zones / remove the airlock I think I have .... ? any ideas as this ones stumped me

Its obviously had a few leaks but everything seems fine, its just really frustrating how on a connected manifold two zones are just doing nothing... I have attached some photos that show the two zones at the end, very clear white with no floe and possibly no water in them at all ? the end set with ho tap to open and the whole system or as much of it that I can fit in.... the cold zones are the laundry room (that all this stuff is in, that that doesn't need heating, but my office is the other, and that definitely does.... IMG_2112.jpgIMG_2116.jpgIMG_2118.jpg

Try taking the actuator heads of the 2 zones that arn't flowing and checking that the pins havn't got stuck thats where i'd start first. pins might be fine but the actutor is playing up or the room stat for it isn't telling it to open.

arite there you can drain this by turning brass bush where the hose cone would go and as for getting airlock out the best thing to do is to shut all zones go to first zone that is air locked disconnect return pipe from manifold turn on filling loop and the water will go through flow right round loop and out return pushing all air out keep running untill smooth flow from return pipe (no air bursts) reconnect shut off zone and do the same with other one hope this helps thats how i tend to bleed ufh zones one by one gets all air out.

I would do that after checking out the actuator and pin, if all other loops are working fine then that says to me that it was primed properly when commissioned and i'v never heard of an airlock just occurring in a single loop once primed.
i may be wrong though..

how do I check out the pin, I removed the actuators.... so default open.... no flow.... I have unscrewed the flow control valve to expose the PIN it goes up a small amount in mole clips and pushes down fine the same distance.... still no flow.... ? I cant understand how the flow meters are bright white compared to the others, its almost like they have no water in the loops, but how can that be on a manifold where are the zones are connected, surely the water would flow accross.... can I pull the pins out of the manifold after the screw cap holding them in is removed and the manifold pumps turned off.... nervous I will get water everywhere.....

the pin should freely go up and down and sounds like it does, when the actuator is of the zone should be open.
do you know what room the two loops serve? maybe they were just spare ports or for a future extension etc.
As you say the water in the flow indicator isn't misty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Under floor heating manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock