Search the forum,

Discuss UFH noise vs pipe diameter and number of pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john37

Hello, I'm new to the Forum.

In designing a new UFH system to be heated by gas boiler having ground floor area approx 200m2 (probably concrete screeded) and first floor area 100m2 (timber suspended), how can the system noise be minimized so that it is inaudible?

If I specify 20mm UFH pipe instead of the normal 16mm pipe, can the water speed in the pipes be reduced, and will this reduce the noise of water flowing in the pipes?

How can I reduce pump noise - just have multiple pumps running slowly? What pumps are quietest, and what length of pipe can they pump effectively on lowest speed setting?

Grateful for any advice/tips.
John

There are plenty of UFH manufacturers that will supply you with a full set of drawings for your project,I have under floor heating in both timber and concrete and never experienced noise of water flowing through pipework and as for pumps the same.

installed UFH for years. never anyone mentioned noise...y do u think it will be noisy?

It's only noisy if you have air in the system. i.e. not installed or commissioned correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UFH noise vs pipe diameter and number of pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock