Search the forum,

Discuss Types of water heater for under kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob62

Hello, Excuse me if this has been asked before. My gas central heating is inefficient and I`d like a lower cost way to heat a sink full of water for washing up a couple of times a day. I`ve seen water heaters for under sinks both with and without water tanks. Can someone give a view as to which would be the best option and why please ? My view (based only on my 2.8 KW shower heater) was to get one without a tank - but maybe that`s missing a trick. Any suggestions would be appreciated - I`m fairly clueless in the area of plumbing. KRG Rob

undersink stored water heaters are 2/3 kw so work off a fused ring main spur ok. If you opt for a instantaneous heater with no store, at 9kw or more you'll need a separate 10mm spur off your consumer unit, which will cost to be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Types of water heater for under kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock