Discuss Trevi Boost Temperature Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bubbles_Barker

I have a Trevi Boost shower that I had fitted about 6 years ago. Generally it's been fine but recently it's been unable to generate a decent temperature. I've descaled the cartridge and all the fittings are genuine Trevi. The strength of flow is fine (cold water pressure is high in my house) but the hot water flow is not so good. Using trial and error I have discovered that I can get a hot shower by running cold taps on the bath and sink simultaneously with the shower. I'm assuming this is a hot water pressure problem.

Any solutions? I don't really want to keep having to turn the cold taps on every time anyone wants a shower!

Although not familiar with trevi booster shower, that which you describe (the turning on of cold taps) may well be improved by fitting a pressure reducing valve to the shower cold supply.
Good Luck

Common problem with trevi mixer showers is the hot & cold ceramic cartridges , change both off them , quiet a easy job ,

If it's a trevi boost (mains cold & gravity hot) it's likely to be the thermostatic cartridge that needs changing. Unfortunately they're not cheap.
You could try removing it and checking the piece on the end of the cartridge is perfectly central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trevi Boost Temperature Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock