Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Townhouse - Top Floor no water for shower/taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adsta

Hi!

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I have searched through the forum and not found someone with same problem.

The last few days the sink taps and shower have cut out on the top floor if someone has used hot/cold taps on the middle floor to run a bath or water in the kitchen.

When no other water is being used in the house the taps/shower work fine, maybe slightly less powerful than it has been in the past.

No work has been done to any of the plumbing, no change of taps, etc so just wondering if someone could give me a pointer at what I should be looking for in this 10 year old townhouse with water tank on the middle floor.

Many thanks!

need more info is this on hot and cold or just hot is cylinder unvented have you checked stopcock out side is full on etc

Thanks for reply. I'm a DIYer so will try my best to answer.....!

Hot and cold water effected. Worked fine for last 2 years since we moved in.

Will check the stopcock, but would assume it hasn't been altered.

Cylinder and being invented, what should I look for to determine whether it is or isn't?

Thanks again!

Is the hot cylinder a unvented unit? (Usually a big white cylinder)
Or do you have a cold water tank in attic and a hot copper cylinder on a lower floor?
There are basically three types of plumbing systems, - 1 - mains fed cold with combi boiler fed hot water, or 2- gravity fed system with cold tank in attic & hot cylinder somewhere below, or 3- Some sort of all mains fed stored hot water system like an unvented hot cylinder with mains cold to cold supplies.

Thanks for the descriptions, really helped. .

Big white cylinder in the airing cupboard, so an unvented system is what I've got.

Definitely no tank in the loft. .

Okay, then you have restricted flow through the mains, both to the unvented unit and the supply to cold.
Depends how yours is piped, but it could be a bad leak below ground outside the property, or the stopcock on road turned down, or stopcock in the house. Those are the things that need checked first.
If all seems okay with supply into house, get a G3 engineer to check the unit, as there are parts with it that might be blocked. The unvented cylinders have to be serviced once a year to keep them safe and must be done by a G3 qualified person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Townhouse - Top Floor no water for shower/taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock