Search the forum,

Discuss Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi there, I was luCky enough to get on an acs gas course with a local college.

I will be going on placement to complete my portfolio and need to know what tools to buy for this?

would help me no end if someone gave me a list

cheers

derek

U gauge
Torch
Flat head
Philips
Adjustable 8"
Pump pliers
Tape measure
Folding rule.
NOTE PAD

If you do a search you'll find loads of similar threads. However the above list is pretty good, add a pencil and some pipe slices and you're pretty much their!

Blow torch, solder, pump pliers, flux, tool box, pipe slicers, wire wool, spanners, leak detection fluid. Although you may be his tools whilst training but you will need them when working for yourself.

Thanks for the replies, what sort of blow torch etc should I buy can you give me a link?

cheers.

If you are building your portfolio you don't do any unsupervised work, therefore you don't need any tools, you should be assisting till you are ready to do something yourself then you should do the task the mentor is just about to do, so you should be using his/her gear, if you need your own tools you might be getting made to do work on your own, which isnt allowed

Derek smart one if the colleges I worked in doing the gas foundation course supplied a full kit for the candidates to use in college and it was theirs to take if they passed but they never took it on placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock