Discuss Toilet that sometimes dribbles! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dearl

Please forgive my description of my problem but I don't know anything about plumbing and am looking for some advice.

Our toilet often continues to leak water into the toilet after it's been flushed.
It's almost like the system hasn't quite reverted to it's pre flush position. Had it been a traditional system with a ball, it's like the ball was being held down slightly to keep the cistern slowly filling. You can certainly hear the water being fed into the cistern. I often just flush the toilet again which will get the filling to stop.

The toilet has two buttons (large/small) for different types of flush and I've taken the top off and can't really work out what's going on internally. There seems to be a screw and thread that can be moved up and down to set the volume of water being stored?

Again my apologies for the vagueness of my description. Any thoughts gratefully received!

Dan.

Sounds like you have a faulty drop valve ( cylindrical flush mechanism )

for a closed couple do this.
1, isolate water going to cistern.
2, unscrew everything and remove cistern.
3, go to the merchants and buy an IDENTICAL ONE
4, read the manufacturers instructions very carefully
5, screw everything back in
6, turn water back on .

If this fails call a plumber !!

call a plumber is my advice....you will have problems in fitting the cistern back, if not fitted correctly you will have leaks everywhere.

Just change the central syphon part, shoud be no need to remove cisturn.

It will be the syphon rubber that is worn.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet that sometimes dribbles! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back