Discuss Toilet leaking from cistern connection. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes go buy new cones there only a quid each.
but have said before, the pipe has to be measured and aligned correctly to avoid leaks.
could just be a crap cone seal have seen before, dont silicone it unless you leave it undisturbed 24hrs.

Left it for 24 hours with the new seal in before flushing but doesn't seem to have made any difference. Definately think its something to do with the toilet not being perfectly lined up with the cistern outlet so thats why I'm considering a flexi one. My only worry is that the the cistern oulet is perfectly matched to the pipe that is supplied with the frame kit and I'm wondering if a standard flexi connector will be slack in the cistern side...
Still, one leak at a time eh?

The flush pipe should be horizontal and go itno the pan at 90 degrees, not at a cocked angle. If its not straight then you need to adjust the fittings until it is. I wouldn't even start to think about using other components, these grohe frames are quality gear and wont leak if you fit it right. If your getting a gush then its badly out of line.

ps is there no way you can get access to the back of the pan when you flush it, even just a hand in there, to feel where its coming from, and feel if its connected properly. You can sometimes use a mirror to look down through the flush button aperture.

Last edited:
after half a dozen attempts, there is something wrong or its nat been done right.

take the loo outside put pipe in and run water thru with hose or watering can and see if it leaks, if not get it fixed right.

if pressure is applied downwards to the pipe even slightly it will leak.

put up some pics

Last edited by a moderator:
P09-01-11_20.05[01].jpgP30-12-10_21.31.jpgP09-01-11_20.05.jpg

The 1st photo shows the amount of water after 1 flush and the next 2 the boxed in frame and with toilet. The frame dictates that the waste and flush are a set amount apart and the toilet has to hang on the fixed bolts. The toilet obviously has a fixed waste and flush so am now wondering if the 2 are incompatible. Have been waiting of silicone to dry since Thursday and it still hasn't sealed so next job is to take it back off and flush through in the garden (Redsaw).

are the holes the same size as the pipes or larger, because the upper hole is slightly off to the right compared to the hole for the soil. possibly the flush pipe comes into the pan at a slight angle.

The holes in the plasterboard are slightly larger than than the pipe outlets. The photo without wc was taken just after I put plasterboard on so the soil pipe isn't shown. I might enlarge hole around the cistern outlet to make sure the plasterboard isn't pushing the pipe off in any way.

Is it best to start with flush pipe in wc and bring to cistern or put pipe in cistern and bring wc to pipe?

ps does anyone know the best place to get a grohe replacement flush pipe. I'm going to start with a fresh one but having trouble tracking spares down.

if thats being tiled id cut a hatch above the pan so you can see and then make good after only needs a couple of battens and screw the plasterboard you cut out back
definatly pipe in cistern first

Last edited:
ps does anyone know the best place to get a grohe replacement flush pipe. I'm going to start with a fresh one but having trouble tracking spares down.
[DLMURL="http://www.concept-zen.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=catshow&ref=Grohe_Spare_Parts&count=30&offset=30"]Grohe Spare Parts[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet leaking from cistern connection. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock